To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy...

Sorry late in reading .... now if you don't like cabbage just as boiled -
try - ok boil lightly than when cut up into about 1 inch pieces, mix with
cheese sauce (some use the cheddar soups - think it is a bit strong
personally) top with seasoned bread crumbs and you have a casserole that
will not taste anything like the regular boiled cabbage! Have taken this to
pot lucks before and no one new it was cabbage!

Vera

At our house corned beef goes with complimentary foods and cabbage isn't
considered very complimentary.  Favorite accompaniments that come to mind
are rye bread, garlic cheese bread, parslied new potatoes - guess we're a
little heavy on the starch.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5