Re: Pictures of Diesel

In a message dated 01/11/2007 5:22:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
holmesbm@usit.net writes:
Can the cat be inseminated by several males at the time she is in heat or
are things set once she mates with a particular male?  If several males,
then I would think that variety could be the result.
Several males.  I remember the time a young female of mine got out -
actually jumped through the screen (pretty rotted) - when she was in
heat.  Soon there was a row of toms sitting on the garden wall.  At
fairly regular intervals there would be an ecstatic squawl, and soon
the line would move up one.  This went on until I was able to capture
her and bring her, furious, in.
Two of my present cats are litter mates - one gray tortise-shell and
the other a black tuxedo.  They surely had different fathers.  The
mother is a beautiful, dark long-hair.  Neither of these have long hair.