Re: master gardener class ideas?

We do have Southwestern Oklahoma University but our extension agent works with Oklahoma State University which is about 2 1/2 hours away. It is hard to get speakers to come that far. I wish we could find a way to work closer with the local university.
thanks for the idea....
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] master gardener class ideas?

In a message dated 1/12/07 12:07:34 PM, pdickson@sbcglobal.net writes:

Yes the continuing education gets harder and harder to find interesting
subjects for everyone to enjoy and learn something.

Are you close to a university?   ISU provides and on going, top notch
opportunities for gardeners in our area both MGs and others.
Our MG group is in the process of merging with the Des Moines Botanical Center. We will start by using their greenhouses and our plant sale will be
held there.   We will then work into taking over a greenhouse which will
become an addtl display area chgd quarterly and will be maintained by MGs. It is hopefull in the near future to move extension offices to the center but this would include adding on to provide space. I find this very exciting and an
assest for both parties.