Horticulture question

Today one of my garden club embers showed ua a plant she had received
from somewhere and asked for information on its culture.  None of us had
a clue, and we're a fairly knowledgeable group.  It is Juncus spirales, and
she was told it was a bog plant but she thought it could be grown in a pot
if it were kept very moist.  The plant appears to be a mass of twisted spikes
about 8-10inches long, but maybe it grows larger in nature.  Can any of you
give me any information to help her?
Auralie