New pictures, new plants, and stuff

I've just posted two new pictures to Yahoo. One of a pink Thai hybrid crown of thorns and one of an unknown begonia that is blooming like crazy. This link should get to them both.

http://snipurl.com/17xpj

Don't know how other users feel about Yahoo's "improved" photo site, but I find it a pain in the patootie. They've taken a mundane two step posting process and turned it into a five step aggravation. Time to start looking for an alternative, methinks.

On another note, we went to ECHO today to get a papaya tree for Ms Fatma's school. They were fresh out until mid February. But we did get an edible hibiscus--Abelmoschus manihot--an okra relative. I has yellow, mallow-like flowers. Flowers, leaves, pods, and roots are edible ["manihot' is genus or species, I forget which, of the plant we get tapioca from]. Ms Fatma picked it out because she liked the color and shape of the leaves. It needs full sun and is frost tender, so I've no idea where we'll plant it.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10