Re: florida info request

Only one that comes to mind is the botanical garden at Southern Florida University--it's sort of across Tampa from Clearwater. But I don't know that much about the area, actually. There's the Florida Botanical Garden in Largo, which is a Pinellas county MG project and not much, and the Sunken Garden in St. Pete, which is a tourist trap.

On Jan 25, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Donna wrote:

well someone thinks it is a great place to have a convention..... sigh. not sure if I will really go, but it appears so... we will see. More later when I
have a plane ticket in my hand.....

Are there any nice gardens around there?
Donna

----- Original Message ----
From: james singer
<islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, January 25,
2007 11:54:56 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] florida info request

Can't imagine
going to Clearwater at that time of year. Anyway,
probably easier for me to
drive up to see you. Clearwater is an easy 2
hours [mostly interstate] north
of here.

On Jan 25, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Donna wrote:

Looks like I will also
be in Clearwater beach Florida in the end of
Aug- can
you say hot and
hurricane season!....

Anyways, Jim how far are you from
there?  This
time no car, quick 3 day trip but I will be flying.
Might rent a
car
tho...

Donna