From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 10:12 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Pears

Gotcha about the Asian pear. And that would my reaction to a
pomegranate; I love having a little grenadine on hand to splash on the
lamb chops, but the tree's really an eyesore--and enough pomegranates is
usually one too many. Are you too cold for a French prune? They're great
dried, out-of-hand [no sourness around the stone], and in jam; also muy
productive.

On Jan 29, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

> They grow very well here, there are u-pick places just a few minutes
> drive from me. But they're not on my list of favorite fruits so I
> hadn't really considered it.
> I thought about a pomegranate too, but since my sister-in-law has a
> big tree, I'll just keep mooching off her. She seems to be happy to
> donate as long as I reciprocate with a couple bottles of grenadine
syrup.

> Cyndi

Island Jim
Southwest Florida