Happy 2008!

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Happy 2008!
  • From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:29:49 -0800

I'm looking at overcast skies today, it is hovering right around
freezing outside. Supposedly we are going to get rain - over the
weekend, of course, it never rains during the week. And although we need
the rain really really bad I am hoping it doesn't happen, the horseshoer
is supposed to come Saturday and it's hard to get these guys scheduled.
I did so little that was constructive over the holidays it's hard to
believe. I did nothing - nothing! - garden related. It was very windy
most of the time but there were opportunities, I was just a slug. I
didn't even manage to repot the small plant I brought home from the
office. I did read a lot of books... I would have read garden catalogs,
but I've only gotten about 5 or 6 so far.
I wasn't completely motionless, my friend and I did an 8 mile hike after
Christmas on a new trail. Nothing for a real hiker but kinda long for
me. I was moving fine until we drove back home and I tried to get out of
the car...ow ow ow ow... but the next day there were no effects left,
that was nice.
Sometime this month I should call the tree trimmers for a quote on the
back yard sycamores, and I need to plan my vastly diminished vegetable
garden (sob).