Re: Rain? Maybe.

Well -- I was surprised to here on a radio station out of LA last night that you too might be getting this stormy weather. Here in northern California we are battening down the hatches for several days of storms, including high wind and rain warnings in my foothill location, and predicted blizzard conditions for about 24 hours higher up in the mountains. They are expecting 3-5 ft of snow in the Lake Tahoe (and higher) area and several inches of rain here and in the Sacramento valley. The wind concerns me most up here on my hill -- and the possibility of power outages. But we sure need the rain/snow and this is the wettest storm we've had in 2-3 years.
--Barb, Grass Valley CA
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 7:59 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Rain? Maybe.

Our local paper has apparently hired a comedy writer, no doubt one of
those poor souls on the picket line in Hollywood. Their article this
morning says that over the next few days we could get up to six inches
of rain. BWAHAHAHA!!!
Six inches of rain. Yeah, and Santa Claus left all those presents, too.
Okay so they did hedge their bets with the "could get" part but the
article is full of breathless speculation about this incredible deluge.
It's almost as bad as the TV news and their "STORMWATCH!" teams.