Re: Lonicera fragrantissima

I could likely visit the "mother" plant again and remove some more suckers. <EVIL GRIN>
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Lonicera fragrantissima

WOW...if you ever get crazy and feel like sharing some of that winter
honeysuckle...I would be glad to take some off of your hands. It's about
this time in the winter when I am staring out at the bleakness of an
Oklahoma winter, and long for a flower or scent of one.....

Today I ordered some small herb seeds (creeping thyme, miniature basil)
so I can plant them at my desk at work and see something GREEN that
smells GOOD.

Zemuly Sanders <zemuly@comcast.net> wrote:
 I keep forgetting to tell you all that I recently noticed my winter
honeysuckle (Lonicera fragrantissima) is blooming. I never even remember I
have it until it blooms. What a fragrant reminder that spring will come
again! I do love this old fashioned shrub. I got mine from suckers at an
abandoned homestead nearby. It's got to be one of the easiest plants to grow since it requires absolutely no care. I also checked out the Hellebores, and
they have doubled in size with lots of new growth. I'm expecting blooms on
them in the next few weeks.
zem
zone 7
West TN