Re: Lonicera fragrantissima and what else is blooming...

Nothing blooming here, either.  It's been in the teens for a couple of
days - finally got up to about 30 this afternoon.  not much blooms
under these conditions.  except for the buds on the Pieris andromeda,
which are always pinkish at this time of the year, though even they
look pale.  At least it doesn't curl up tight like it's cousins the rhodies.
I usually have something in bloom in the house, but this year not even
that.  The amaryllis that were sent me for Christmas are just putting
up half-an-inch of leaf.  I'm relieved, because FedEx had left them on
top of the mail-box down at the main road on a 20 degree day instead
of bringing them up to the house.  Thankfully, a kind neighbor saw
them there and brought them up to me, but I was afraid they had been
chilled for too long.  Looks now as if they will be all right.
In a message dated 01/04/2008 11:37:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,