Re: OT: name change

that's the spirit!
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: name change

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I never minded taking my huband's last
name - after all he was paying the bills.  However, I never have been
Mrs. C. S.  I have always signed my own first name and initial.  For
that matter, my grandmother always insisted on being Grace H. Jones,
not Mrs. W. W. , but she was a early career woman.
Nearly 40 years ago in my early Garden Club days I was scolded by
an elderly woman for using my own first name.  She declared she was
proud to use her husband's name.  I told her I wasn't ashamed of my
husband, but when I won a blue ribbon for a design or piece of horticulture,
I didn't see why he should get the credit - he had nothing to do with it.
Auralie

In a message dated 01/08/2008 12:21:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,