Re: OT: name change

Well, those same rules were there when I went through all of my name
changes, and that was before 911. I just happened to slip my name
changes through when I divorced, and then at my final custody hearing
when I remarried and got full custody of them. I already had the
attorney and court date, I just slid it in there. The judge looked over
his eye-glasses at me, then shook his head and said, "fine...". LOL.

Theresa <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Well- this little topic certainly generated more interest than I
expected, but it's been interesting all of the ideas/comments.
Donna- be advised, if you want to change your name back it is more
complicated than it used to be. I went first to the SS office, only to
be told I need a legal form signed by a judge to change my name back.
(This was despite having my birth certificate, divorce decree, original
SS card with my maiden name, etc). This is all due to post-911 security
stuff according to the SS people. So, I then went to the courthouse,
got the document, filled it out, and handed it to them. The judge will
sign it and mail it to me. The thing that cracks me up- is that I
didn't have to show ANY identification or proof of my maiden name at
all. I think I could have written any name I wanted as a maiden name?
So much for their crack security in this country.

Theresa

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.