Re: Green Giant Thuja

OHMYGOSH...I love that place!  We drive by it when we go to my mother in law's house.  She lives right outside of Joplin.  THANKS.

Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Jesse,
The man that was really promoting Green Giant Thuja is from Springfield
Missouri. Maybe it would be worth a drive up since you are not too far from
there. I would do some online looking for info first but might be worth it.
Tricia
PS: I found this:

http://www.botanyshop.com/ABOUT%20US.htm

BOTANY SHOP GARDEN CENTER
710 Minnesota Ave.
Joplin, Missouri 64801
Toll free 1-888-855-3300 Fax 1-888-844-8198
mailto: Info@botanyshop.com
| Green Giants | Green Giant Gallery | American Elms |
Knockout Roses |
| Endless Summer Hydrangea | More Trees & Shrubs | About Us |
Links |

ABOUT US Jan. 2000

History:
The Botany Shop, Inc. started in 1973 as a retail garden center,
landscape and tree spraying business is located at 710 Minnesota Ave (MAP)
in downtown Joplin Missouri just off Interstate Highway I-44 in SW Missouri
between Springfield MO and Tulsa OK. In 1985 we started specializing in
improved cultivars of red maples and other genetically superior trees and
shrubs suitable to our area--Zone 6. In 1996 I went to the Southern Plant
Conference and visited the NC State University Arboretum (Raleigh, NC). The
now famous J.C. Raulston Arboretum. At that time I became aware of his Thuja
Plicata Collection and was very impressed with the species (cultivars) and
its ability to grow well and fast under adverse conditions. Due to the
disease, insect, deer and other problems with our Pines, Spruces and
Junipers, I was looking for substitute plants for screening and specimen
evergreens. After visiting many botanical gardens and extensive literature
reviews I am convinced Thuja Plicata, its cultivars and hybrids (Green
Giant), will be very important plants for our future land

Mission Statement:
January 2000

The Botany Shop is starting its E_Commerce, Mail-Order business with
three of the most vigorous outstanding new ornamentals we have ever used.

1. Thuja Green Giant - a newly released screening evergreen from
the US National Arboretum.

2. Autumn Blaze Maple - an outstanding, tough tree. Probably the
most sought after maple in the U.S.

3. Honeycomb B. wyeriana - Butterfly Bush. (Summer Lilac) The
best yellow we have ever used. Discovered and introduced by Dr. Michael
Dirr. His book--Manual of Woody Landscape Plants--is the bible of the
industry. This book is a must for any serious student of landscape plants.

********

As 0f July 24, 2000 we are adding several new USDA Acer Rubrum Red
Maple varieties as well as some of the older, superior, Red Maple cultivars.
Jan 2002 we have added smaller size USDA red maples.

Valley Forge American Elm will be added in January or February of
2001.

February 15 2002 we are adding 10 more superior varieties of
butterfly bush and will start shipping May 1st A2002.

June 2003 we added the other two disease resistant American Elm
trees, New Harmony and Princeton. We also added Knock OutT roses and many
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society gold medal award winning plants.

In the Spring of 2004 we are adding three cold hardy, continuously
flowering, Hydrangea Macrophylla and Pink Knock OutT roses.

Michael F. Shade-owner

Botany Shop Garden Center
710 Minnesota Ave.
Joplin, Missouri 64801

Phone: 417-781-6431

Questions or comments?
mailto: Info@botanyshop.com

Updated January 29th 2005

Copyright ) 2000 - 2005 Botany Shop, Inc. All rights reserved
Established

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.