You've got that right! Thank goodness we don't get door-to-door salesmen. I guess we live too far out. They do sometimes try to call and make appointments.
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 5:34 PM
Subject: [CHAT] OTQ

Anybody else noticed this? We've had a big increase in door-to-door salesmen--from zero 6 months ago to two-three a day now. We've also had four Verizon salesmen in the last 5 day [not counting Sunday, of course] peddling their new FiOS [fiber-optic system] internet/cable channel/long distance hookup service. Since they tore up most of the front yards around here when they installed the fiber-optic cable, you'd think they would be smart enough to let the neighborhood ire quell before bragging about what they did. But since their cable competitor here is Comcast, it's become a tussle between dumb and dumber.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10