Re: OTQ

I knew a woman once who had two small high-energy dogs. The dogs hated the mailman. Everyday when the mailman put the mail through the slot in the front door, the dogs would go nuts. They'd grab the mail out of his hand and tear it to shreds. Very funny to watch.

On Jan 15, 2008, at 6:27 AM, Andrea Hodges wrote:

People run from my house usually when they see the three big dogs. That's fine with me. No d-t-d so far and I certainly hope it stays that way. My poor UPS man throws packages at the porch, rings the bell, and runs. LOL! The door bell sends the dogs into a frenzy.
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 6:34 PM
Subject: [CHAT] OTQ

Anybody else noticed this? We've had a big increase in door-to-door salesmen--from zero 6 months ago to two-three a day now. We've also had four Verizon salesmen in the last 5 day [not counting Sunday, of course] peddling their new FiOS [fiber-optic system] internet/cable channel/long distance hookup service. Since they tore up most of the front yards around here when they installed the fiber-optic cable, you'd think they would be smart enough to let the neighborhood ire quell before bragging about what they did. But since their cable competitor here is Comcast, it's become a tussle between dumb and dumber.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10