list.  Can you imagine that?  If this were some other organization,
I would report such to the police, but since this is the police, I
don't know where to turn.
In a message dated 01/14/2008 6:47:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil writes:

Nobody but the occasional Mormon missionary goes door to door in my
neighborhood. It's a long walk between houses, and almost everyone has a
fenced yard plus dogs.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 3:34 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] OTQ

Anybody else noticed this? We've had a big increase in door-to-door
salesmen--from zero 6 months ago to two-three a day now. We've also had
four Verizon salesmen in the last 5 day [not counting Sunday, of
course] peddling their new FiOS [fiber-optic system] internet/cable
channel/long distance hookup service. Since they tore up most of the
front yards around here when they installed the fiber-optic cable,
you'd think they would be smart enough to let the neighborhood ire
quell before bragging about what they did. But since their cable
competitor here is Comcast, it's become a tussle between dumb and

Island Jim