idea for plants??

Anyone got a quick idea for my plants?
Today we got about 1/2 inch of snow, but most melted off in the
afternoon. Of course, a quick freezing rain hit just as the sun set, so
there is a coating of ice on everything.

This weekend we are tumbling down the temps. Single digit for highs, and
expected wind chills of minus 25 or worse from midnight Friday to noon
on Sunday.

My poor plants, they don't have a good coating of snow or anything.... I
am really worried this is going to do in many of my plants. Of course,
you never know till spring.....

So what do you think I should do? I believe there is some bags of mulch
in the back... maybe I should dump more on them? I don't know what to
do... it has been very warm here (in the 70's in January), then the
flooding.... now this. sigh.