RE: Why is it?

Or a fence...

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 2:33 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Why is it?

Well, if it's not the chickens or guineas, it's the DOGS. So that
doesn't surprise me either. I need to get some kind of "chicken
scarecrow"!!!

Daryl <pulis@mindspring.com> wrote:
  Jesse,

I despaired at getting Hellebore seedlings. Everyone said that there
would
be hundreds after the 3rd year. The culprit? My chickens. They didn't
eat
the seedlings, but they scratched around enough that they disrupted
germination for the Hellebores, and dozens of other plants.

Just a thought in case your ladies venture into the garden.

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.