Re: protection help

ahh.. comcast is picking up the license for McAfee....

zone Alarm will annoy you at first. those darn boxes will be coming up
telling/asking you what to do. Once you get it set, they rarely show up.
what I like about it - you can check the logs when something isn't
working and switch it trusted. You can also set the programs to ask,
allow, or red x it and never be bothered with it again. Well actually
some things I red X so they can't run in the background but when I want
to use them it is an easy switch.

  Donna

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
  Well, I've so far installed Zone Alarm and AVG.

AVG asked if I wanted to upgrade the virus defs, but didn't allow me to
answer "yes". Instead I had to click either folder or internet. ??? I tried
the help info, but that didn't make it much clearer, so I picked folder. So
then it spent almost 2 hrs scanning my computer and found one virus which it
fixed. THEN it tells me I still have old defs, so folder meant "no" I guess.
So this time I picked "intenet" and now I'm downloading the upgrade and will
have to give it over to 2 more hours to rescan everything. Who writes this
stuff?

So it looks like downloading Search & Destroy and Adaware are going to have
to wait awhile.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5