Re: protection help

Kitty wrote:
I'm sure I'll get through it but...
Now it says "Zone Alarm Security Alert. The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (FTP) from (TCP Port 44096) (TP Flags: S).

How am I supposed to make sense of that? And it's not an option. It's just blocked. I wonder if it's something I might have wanted. This time Help was decent - "ZoneAlarm prevented a remote computer from connecting to port 21 on your computer. This connection attempt was probably a port scan trying to find unprotected FTP (File Transfer Protocol) servers."
It means some outside host,, was trying to get into your machine via FTP. I can tell from that address that the machine lives in the netforce.nl domain, which is in the Netherlands, and likely up to no good. Almost never will you want any machine to FTP TO your machine, so all such can be blocked by default. Doesn't ZoneAlarm come with a help file or printable manual you can read to explain the basics ?
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7