Re: I'm back online!

No wind this AM and it wasn't raining at 8am- so i did get out and replace the sprinkler head and ripped out as much of the butterfly iris as I could with my bare hands. Still lots of roots to dig out- but at least now I can get to the roots when I decide to return to that task. It is raining now and chilly- about 48 degree. I'm inside painting window trim for the rest of the day.

Jesse Bell wrote:
Dang. It must be a LOT warmer where you are. It is 32 degrees today, but
the wind chill factor makes it feel like 23. I feel sorry for all the
folks that have to be in the MLK parade today. Brrrrrrr.

"Theresa G." <macycat3@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I finally have internet again! Spent the weekend doing projects, some painting, lots of messing with the sprinkler/water system. Long story.... Last summer I replaced the sprinkler valves with the anti-siphon valves (seemed like a good idea). Well, ever since the valves bang everytime they open and shift to the next one. I learned that this is called "water hammer" and can damage plumbing. So, got the little part to install on the main sprinkler line and all the parts to install it. Should have taken me about 30 minutes. Well, once I peeled all of the pipe insulation off that area, it became obvious that the sprinkler line off of the main water line was leaking and likely had been for quite a while. So little project turned into much bigger project, 2 extra trips to the hardware store, several bruises, sore muscles and hands, and about 4 hours I finally got it all fixed up. I have this fantasy that my water bill will be cheaper from now on (I hope). So for about 5 minute I thought that my sprinkler system was all fixed- and then I realized that one of the sprinker/bubbler heads was apparently broken off. That is my job to tackle today. It will be a pain as it is located between tree roots and this giant overgrown butterfly iris (which I really just want to dig out entirely).
On a positive note- my camellia has started to bloom : )

Jesse R. Bell
I GoodSearch for Heifer International.