RE: I'm back online!

Congrats on the plumbing job! Plumbing always is more work than you
think it will be.

I did nothing around the garden over the 3-day weekend. I may have to
start scheduling days off work, or cut back my other recreation!
Saturday we went to riding lessons, but they started late and weren't in
a big hurry so we didn't get home till mid-afternoon. Was a really nice
day though, not exactly warm but not windy. Sunday I went on a long hike
with my friend. I didn't realize, when I finally talked her into going
somewhere else besides the local hill, what I was creating. She's
anxious now to hike as much of the Pacific Crest Trail as we can get to
within a day's drive. So we did 8.5 miles, nice trail, saw only two
other people and a couple deer (around here, that's exciting). I'm not
exactly speedy going uphill so it took us over 4 hours, and was I tired
when we got back. Now she's looking at the next segment heading north
but geez, it's another 8 miles and some of it looks pretty steep...I'm
not sure my knees can take it.
The forecast had been tantalizing us with the promise of snow showers,
but we had been hoping to ride again Monday. It was drizzling at our
house but clear off to the east so we loaded the boys in the trailer and
off we went. Started out nice, but the wind picked up and we were
seriously cold by the time we got back. It couldn't have been more than
35 or so with wind chill. I spent the rest of the day thawing out.
Kind of disappointed it didn't snow, around here if you see a couple
flakes everyone panics and takes off work. Alas...but it's awfully
gloomy out there. Maybe later.