Re: World Orchid Conference

Uhhhh...I'd love to go to Miami - just to THAW OUT for a day or two.  Whew.  Man I love orchids.

TeichFauna@aol.com wrote:
  The 19th WOC, in Miami, begins tomorrow and runs thru Sunday. If anyone is
in the area, this would be a once in a lifetime event. Orchid growers from
all over the world will be there to participate in the show, as well as
vendors. The orchid growers from Taiwan actually chartered an entire plane to
bring in their people, and orchids for this event. I was told that Taiwan wasn't
the only country doing this. The World Orchid Conference is held in the US
aprox. every 20 years.

A member of the Tamiami Orchid Society wrote that thier Orchid Festival
runs this Friday thru Sunday also. Several larger vendors will be at both
events and Tamiami will offer more boutique-sized vendors and an impressive
line-up of speakers, at one admission price. There is no reason to miss either
event - there is a free shuttle bus that will transport attendees between the two
venues. The shuttle will avoid airport traffic congestion!

If you would like more info: _www.19woc.com_ (http://www.19woc.com) and
_www.miamiorchidfestwww.miam_ (http://www.miamiorchidfestival.com)

I had planned on attending the WOC, but had to cancel my plans do to
starting the process of BSI Judging school instead. Sure wish I could go. So
anyone that is in the area this weekend......enjoy this opportunity.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.