Trees are trimmed

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Trees are trimmed
  • From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:59:55 -0800

I called a tree service couple days ago and had them come out to look at
my backyard sycamores. I wanted the two directly behind the house
trimmed and the one next to the greenhouse removed. The price was pretty
good - it probably didn't hurt that the company operates out of a house
just at the end of my block.  And he said he could come out the next
day.
Looked at them last night and they sure did cut them back. It's been
quite a while - maybe 4 years - so I think it will be okay when they
leaf out but gosh they look so much smaller.  However last night was
when a big storm moved in so it rained all night and is promising to
rain all weekend, I'm wondering if that is bad for the recently trimmed
trees, not that there is anything I can do about it now.  But that's one
chore done anyway. My to-do list is a mile long though.
Husband says 1.5 inches in the rain gauge this morning but the ground
was still wet from the last storm so it is all puddling up. Poor horses
and sheep are wading as soon as they move out from under their shelters.
If it will let up over the weekend we can put them out and maybe the
pens will get a little less splooshy.
The weather forecast kept teasing us with promises of snow showers, but
they were off by a thousand feet or so on the elevation, so we got only
rain. Ah well.

Cyndi