Re: Southeast Drought

Hummm...as we are going into the fourth year of reduced rain during high
precipation months I was just thinking that it might be good to extend
public water so that rationing could be imposed when water sources are
down.  Our county uses a lot of private wells for water, as do we, and many
people just keep up their normal use until their well runs dry.  If the
scientist are correct and we are headed for drier times, the growth alone
in our county might require some restriction as we are used to having as
much water as we wanted.  In the past, one of our problems has been spring
flooding not droughts.  It would make demand more clear so perhaps
resources might be more closely examined and it should help businesses that
depend on water such as farms, nurseries, carwashes (which use less/per car
that home washing) because policy could take those needs into account.
This year, a lot of small nurseries went out of business because of water.
We might even explore more grey water use, a concept not known much around
here.