Re: Orchids/NW Flower & Garden Show

Oh you folks are making me want to buy an orchid. I haven't had much luck keeping them alive. They are so beautiful & bloom such a long time that they are worth the price. Is anyone looking at the NW FLower & Garden Show in Seattle next month? Feb 18-22. I'm looking for an excuse to order a ticket. Early Bird prices end Feb 17 (postmark by Feb 12 for mail in orders) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Catharine Carpenter" <cathycrc@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Orchids

I, too, am rejoicing in my orchids this winter. Have no idea what I did, but I have two cattleyas (one large white and purple, one red miniature), my Ludisia has 8 bloom spikes, my Paphiopedilum (bloomless the past two years) has 3 buds, and two of my cattleya hybrids have significant buds as well.
Cathy, west central IL, z5b