Re: Master Gardeners

There are always pros and cons to the choices we make. We just have to decide if it is worth it to us. I remember contemplating taking the 10 Wednesdays off, using up a lot of vacation days to take the class. Just when I thought I'd go ahead with it, they offered an evening class for the first time. Now, 10 yrs later, a lot of my free time is devoted to the program, which is generally fine by me, though I have cut back. It's a good program and can be worth what you put into it.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Master Gardeners

I hear you on the taking days off. Trainings here are twice a week for 3
months - mornings or afternoons, but not evenings. At least training is
closer for the new MGs than it was for me. When I took training, I had to
drive to Atlanta. It was about an hour each way. The advantage for our class was that it was held at the Botanical Garden, so I could wander around there
during breaks and after class.