Re: Food for Thought... Have you seen it?

There is a program here in Texas, where volunteers go to visit nursing
homes, etc. with animals.  My mom used to do it with our cock-a-poo.   He would
perform tricks, and loved to get the attention from everyone.  Mom  said they
would just light up,  the staff commented that many never said  much at all,
except when people came with their animals, then they would come  alive and tell
stories of the pets they had, how much they missed them,  etc.   She no longer
goes since Peewee died a few years  back.....  her cat definitely wasn't the
type to go visit anyone, she  didn't even like it when visitors came to the
By the way, Gidget (mom's cat) died the day mom came home from eye surgery
(last week).......mom was so upset, the salt in her tears caused a lot of
problems with the eye, but thankfully that all is healing well now......except
her broken heart.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 1/11/2009 7:57:01 PM Central Standard Time,