Re: Food for Thought../Therapy Animals

Thanks Daryl, Zem.  I know this group can sympathize having gone  through
this a number of times yourselves, as have I.  Never gets easier,  does it?  Our
pets are like children to us.  Mentioned  to Daryl off-list that I don't know
if it is worse for people who have kids  or who don't.....but either way, the
loss is painful for anyone that loves their  pets!  Doesn't really matter what
pet it is, we lost our beloved  Guinea Pig not too long ago, hit dh hard...he
sat cradling her in his arms  for a good half hour or so.  I knew they had a
special bond, since she  would wait for him to come home from work every day
and wait for the  door to open, then squeal uncontrollably until he came and
said hello and gave  her a carrot.  One would have thought it was just a
routine, but she knew  darn well if it was him coming home or if it was just me
opening the door  for the dogs, etc.

Thanks again!

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/13/2009 9:46:56 AM Central Standard Time,