Re: Food for Thought../Therapy Animals

Sorry to hear about your mom's cat Noreen.  It's always hard to lose a pet

Kitty

On 1/12/09, TeichFauna@aol.com <TeichFauna@aol.com> wrote:

Thanks, yes it is hard on her, but she has a rescue Poodle since a year,
so
she is not totally alone, thank goodness.  Tiffy (short for Tiffany
Tolman)
is a wee bit too hyper though to take anywhere, and just a bit too "kissy
kissy".  LOL  As mom says, she's a true "french" poodle alright.

Gidget was actually my dad's cat.  He took her in when the
mother  abandoned
her on my parents deck during a severe cold front.  Mom wasn't  too
thrilled
about that, so it was my dad's cat to care for etc.  When he  passed
away,
Gidget all but disapeared for a full year.  Mom knew she was  there
because
her
food would be gone every morning and the litterbox used....but she never
saw
her.  After a year, she slowly came around.  It wasn't  until another
full
year
after that she warmed up to mom and came around, and  became her cat.
Amazing
how animals grief over the loss of their beloved owner  too.  Mom always
thought Gidget blamed mom, since Dad left with mom but  never came back.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/12/2009 12:55:48 PM Central Standard Time,