Re: More deer damage

I've never been much of a meat eater, and whenever I neglect it for too long my feet swell terribly and I begin to bruise. So I try to get what I need. I just don't think I could deal with soy and lentils and beans and such to get the protein I need.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More deer damage

I grew up in a family where hunting was forbidden unless you didn't have
another source of meat.  We were instead taught about the familial
relationships in nature.   I still can't get used to the people who think
killing is fun.  It's different if one realizes that the target is a
sentient being, but I've found that is rarely the case -- at least around
here. I'm also finding that as I get older I'm less and less interested in
eating meat at all.
zem
zone 7
West TN