Vegetable garden

Hi all-for this first time this year I am going to plant a true vegetable
garden. I am researching which varieties do best in our heat and humidity
but thought some of  you might have some suggestions. Jim???

My friend Liz has plenty of room and sun so we are going to do it at her
house. I know we want the standards, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes,
squash, green beans, peas, etc.

Any advice on what are the best ones to plant??  Or any other tasties we
might want to try?

We're also going to do raspberries, blackberries, watermelon, cantaloupe,
and strawberries.