Re: Vegetable garden

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Vegetable garden
  • From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:25:02 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=BysRtHVfi9euCLaPbB3uIGZy6Vt1YEuSmmhSGBKXwA8=; b=uwElqHLvpy6euIEGmA31vx/z6ShKaMw+vXdF3RLmBvmdM3/jTjSdbPssyvQnT/5OjV d24G4ntfaNYq4zFZ78SEtGn5y3wVp3ArmG4tUlKLu43VWFeWx5DwLF2jj9IfWcIjXXLZ OPb6DS87ovB9JsLV77Sv3riIHjLVNpHCKk5cI=

Andrea - I always found the heirloom variety bell peppers from Seed Savers
Exchange worked well here and they fruit all summer long.  Especially the
ones w/ Italian names.  You have to order the plants in multiples of 6, but
you can mix and match to get that six.  The Jimmy Nardellos and Quadrato
Asti Giallos were my favorites.  The former is VERY prolific and the latter
makes just gorgeous peppers.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A