Re: Vegetable garden

Andrea,

Rutgers often keep green shoulders here in the south. You might like to try Tropic (I think Tropic VFFNT) , Homestead 24F, Creole, Cherokee Purple, and Whopper. They all do well for me. You're a bit warmer than I am, since I'm in the foothills and you're near the coast, but except for the Whopper, all were developed or selected in the south. If you can't find them locally, I should have plants available in March. Or I can send a couple of seeds of each if you're going to start from seed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 6:15 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Vegetable garden

Thanks for the info all of you-Jim I did not see the article you're talking
about but will check it out. I don't get that magazine as I haven't joined
the AHS in a while. I have been looking at the Clemson extension website and
they have varieties listed that are good for the coast on some veggies so
that's good too. I know I want to plant some Rutgers tomatoes as those have
always been one of my favorites but other than that I'm relying on you all
and the Feed and Seed stores for good stuff. LOL! I'll keep you all posted!
THANKS!!!