Re: Steamboat Springs?

I remember Rabbit Ears pass from a childhood trip. That was summer. It must have been scary in winter.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Catharine Carpenter" <cathycrc@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Steamboat Springs?

Enjoyed it a lot, though I was recovering from pneumonia and had to take it easy - only skied two days. Went snowmobiling once (DH managed to tip the machine on its side, trapping my leg under it, but I wasn't injured, just had to wait to be rescued.), and tubing twice. Two of our daughters came, and the two granddaughters, who are taking nicely to skiing. The 5 year old was also introduced to ice skating, and seemed to enjoy the experience. No fresh snow while we were there, but the conditions were still good. Of course, we left in a blizzard, and getting over Rabbit Ears pass was a bit dicey, but once out of there, the snow stopped and the rest of the drive was fine. Got home before the snow hit here today - 3 inches.
Cathy, west central IL, z5b