From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Steamboat Springs?
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sunday, January 25, 2009, 5:12 PM

Enjoyed it a lot, though I was recovering from pneumonia and had to take it
easy
- only skied two days. Went snowmobiling once (DH managed to tip the machine
on
its side, trapping my leg under it, but I wasn't injured, just had to wait
to be rescued.), and tubing twice. Two of our daughters came, and the two
granddaughters, who are taking nicely to skiing. The 5 year old was also
introduced to ice skating, and seemed to enjoy the experience. No fresh snow
while we were there, but the conditions were still good. Of course, we left in
blizzard, and getting over Rabbit Ears pass was a bit dicey, but once out of
there, the snow stopped and the rest of the drive was fine. Got home before
the
snow hit here today - 3 inches.
Cathy, west central IL, z5b