RE: Dogs (was Hello out there)

  • Subject: RE: Dogs (was Hello out there)
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:49:42 -0800

Oh my god. Words fail me.
Well...there's outdoor motion detectors so you could be alerted when
someone's close...and the alert could sound inside so the intruder
wouldn't hear it but you'd have a chance to catch them by surprise.
But hopefully your mastiff will be just the thing. As long as the jerk
doesn't start cutting your fences or something where the dog can't get
to him.
Can your mastiff be a livestock guard dog as well? Some mastiff types
are LGDs I think. The LGD breeds can be pretty aggressive to human
intruders while protecting their herds, but I don't think they make very
good pets.