watch out
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: watch out
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:24:42 -0500

Hi friends -
I'm sending this message because I feel it is
important that people know about this.  I'm not going to suffer from this
security breach because I caught it right away and it will eventually get
straightened out.  Also, it doesn't mean that I'll discontinue shopping
online as I still feel it is, for the most part, safe.  But you really need
to be careful.  Below is my message to the company that is at fault for the
problem.

Daedulus Books,

I know I'm not a frequent customer though I have purchased from you for many
years, so you won't miss me, but I feel compelled to explain to you why I
can never shop at Daedalus ever again.

You either have a thief who has access to critical customer information or
your database is easily susceptible to hackers.  This person stole all my my
information: name, address, telephone number, credit card number and
SECURITY CODE.  Then they used it to buy $300 worth of concert tickets.

And how do I KNOW it occurred at Daedulus?  Because my purchase from you
last month was, fortunately, the only purchase I made with that particular
credit card this year.

And believe me, I will warn everyone I know to steer clear of Daedalus.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5