Re: everyone okay?
  • Subject: Re: everyone okay?
  • From: aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 09:14:20 EST

Very cold here, but at least the sun is shining, which is pretty
unusual for the past few months.  There was a light dusting of
snow yesterday - little more than an inch.  I'm still concerned
that we have no snow cover to protect plants and small creatures.
I can remember in past years when there was a snow bank of
a couple of feet followed by weather this cold that the forsythias
all bloomed up to the level of the snow cover but had no blooms
above that level - looked as if they had been trimmed.  Before it
turned so cold I had spotted daffs up about an inch, hellebores
showing buds, and the quince outside my kitchen window had
buds showing color.  I can't believe this will be good for them.
At least the prediction is for sunshine for the next few days.
a sunny day does boost ones spirits - and the days will be
getting longer even if the change is very slow.
Stay warm, eveyone.
In a message dated 1/9/2010 9:02:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,