Re: Back on the list
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Back on the list
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 08:27:50 -0500

Welcome back!

Best get busy with Craig's List and get rid of your stuff, Chris. Your house/her stuff is a pretty stable combination. Your house, yours stuff is likely to make her cranky and uncomfortable, as you're learning. When DH and I got married almost 40 years ago, it wasn't a problem. Everything except my old bedroom set was "early attic", gleaned from many sources.

Our big goal this year is to empty out the garage.  We have lofty ideas
like using it to store the car over the winter -- crazy, I know, but
we like to mix things up.

Part of the problem is that we moved into my house, so she doesn't feel
like it's hers.  Most of the furniture/decor was mine and her things are
out in the garage/attic/basement.  Hopefully we'll get rid of some of my
stuff and migrate hers in.  (I'm so naive)