Re: Ptilotus exaltatus?
  • Subject: Re: Ptilotus exaltatus?
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:13:38 -0500

I'm sure you can google as well as, or better than, I can, but below are a couple of items I found. I also found that the common name is Pink Mulla Mulla aka Pink Pussy Tails. The pics I see are lovely. I see seed available from many sources, but no plants. Perhaps you could grow them and then sell me one.

From U of IL:

The species are native to drier areas of mainland Australia, although one also occurs in Tasmania and another in Malesia on the islands of Flores and Timor. Common names for species in this genus include Mulla Mulla, Pussy Tails and Lambs Tails. It is a perennial in zones 9-10. In cooler zones it can be grown as an annual or a container plant. It also makes an excellent house plant in a sunny window. It grows 12-15 inches tall and 12 inches wide. The neon-pink flowers are over 4 inches long. This unusual plant is very easy to grow, but do not overwater. It should go dry before giving it a thorough watering. It prefers full sun.
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>