Re: garden tools
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: garden tools
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:55:40 -0500

The short-handled Cobrahead is absolutely my go-too tool. I have both the short and the long, but my aim isn't very good with the long handle, and I'm short and weak. My landscape helper likes them both.

The short handled is perfect to use while sitting on my rolling garden seat or on the ground. It can get underneath and around all of my good plants without harming them, and it will grub out Bermudagrass without leaving the roots (and if you know Bermudagrass, you know how one speck of root will resprout.)

I use the short handled for all of my containers, too. I love how it grubs out weeds and the old plants. I also use it for making furrows in my raised beds for planting seeds, after I've used it to weed the bed.

Too bad you're not going to be at the Southeastern Flower Show next week. I'm speaking there, and I'm giving one away. I love the thing!