Re: Way OT
  • Subject: Re: Way OT
  • From: Patricia Dickson <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:33:02 -0800 (PST)

I am sorry I have to ask but I forgot what kind of surgery did you have?
You sound good!
Hope you never need any pain pills or at least not many!

 Patricia Dickson

On Jan 31, 2010, at 1:02 PM, BONNIE_HOLMES <bonnie_holmes@comcast.net> wrote:

Surgery is over; it was a long day on Wednesday. We left the house at
6:30 a.m. and didn't get home until 8:30. One of my nodes had a little
cancer so it's chemo for me. I was hoping to avoid that. No pain
medicine since the first night; most discomfort is my throat. Sultry
tones in red moose flannel pjs. What a combination. (I also have plenty
to say about our existing system.)

While resting the past couple of days, I spent some time on the net and
discovered Rush Limbaugh's latest insult to women. Looking to see what
was being said about it, I found lots of comments to newspaper and radio
blogs from young men who thought it was great. Made me wonder if this
type of insult to women by a national radio talk host might be
encouraging abuse. I have helped with our local Haven House for Abused
Women and their Children and am a little sensitive to this. So, I've
sent an email to each of his major sponsors and plan to follow up with
letters. I'll let you know if they bother to respond.

Copy of his JAN 14TH broadcast.

Many women are sending letters and/or boxes of tampons to his sponsors
in protest. Can't believe these companies ignore their female customers.

177 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02115

LegalZoom.Com, Inc.
7083 Hollywood Blvd Suite 180