RE: Happy new year
  • Subject: RE: Happy new year
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:36:00 -0800

Happy New Year to all!
Hopefully yesterday's little snowstorm is not an omen of the year to
come. Most of the country wouldn't notice it, but two inches of snow
here is an emergency, with on-the-scene news crews breathlessly
reporting and continual shots of the radar screens. I'm getting so I
just start giggling when I see the "Stormwatch!" logos. I shouldn't
laugh, real people get into trouble because of the weather, but the TV
news just seems to blow it so far up you'd think the world is ending.
We got about 5", more than our normal every-other-year dusting but not
the worst I've seen. They did get snow farther south in places where it
really is a total novelty. This was good enough to close off a couple
freeways and get us told not to come to work until mid-morning. I expect
the whole mess will be melted in a day or two.