Re: Are you all snowbound?
  • Subject: Re: Are you all snowbound?
  • From: BONNIE_HOLMES <bonnie_holmes@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 01:22:43 +0000 (UTC)

I agree. We want way too much and want it NOW; everything just right; no
inconvenience; no accidents (someone or something has to be blamed). I'm
getting old and lived in the South when there was no AC; taught in the
heat with no AC; dealt with storms that put electricity out for 4-5
days; had my accidents for which I was either responsible or they just
happened. I'm tired of all this. Life is life and things happen,
including nature with conditions of all sorts and accidents. Live it.

Yes, we howl about the schools but someone needs to remind people
clearly and often that our students are in global competition. Students
in other countries have longer days, often attend on Saturday morning
and have longer school years. Hello, are we going to give up even more
time due to inconvenience.

ETN Zone 7