From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:43:26 PM
Subject: [CHAT] A taste of spring

Today was one of those rare days that makes me think that spring might
actually get here. It was 71 in the city, 69 in my garden. It was so nice not
to have to wear a jacket and gloves. I even tossed the extra shirt by noon. It
was a bit chill in the AM, with frost, but it warmed quickly.

The first Crocus is blooming, and the first of the daffs, probably "February
Gold' are ready to pop. There must be 300 blooms on the Wintersweet. I wish I
could bottle up the fragrance and send it to you.

The birds think it's spring, too. The winter warriors are back in the woods.
Among the feeder birds, most are showing up in pairs. A pair of Robins has
been eagerly examining every bit of lawn to catch the early worm. The Mourning
Doves are who-who-who-whooing and House Finches are so proudly singing love
songs that they blot out the traffic noise.

Are there any signs of spring in your neighborhood?