RE: A taste of spring
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: A taste of spring
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:25:42 -0800

The weather has been generally mild for a few weeks now, but other than
a lot of grass sprouting I'm not seeing many signs of spring. But I have
not seen my yard in daylight for a week so that could be part of the
problem. This past weekend we had to paint the entire interior of a
rental house we own, oh my aching shoulders. I did get some clean-up
done in the vegetable garden Sunday before last, and I ordered most of
my seeds.
Yesterday a little storm blew in, there were a few raindrops where we
were working on the rental but at our house it must have poured, lots of
puddles. Then we had to chip ice off the windshield this morning. I
haven't been keeping track but it doesn't seem like it's been overly dry
this year.
The hens are starting to lay so I know spring can't be too far off.

Cyndi