Re: Cold
  • Subject: Re: Cold
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:37:28 -0500 (EST)

Things have been pretty mild around here this season.  We have had
snow cover since late October, but not much real cold.  A few nights
in the low twenties, but also several above freezing.  My pond is not
frozen.  For many years in the seventies and eighties we had a big
party on new year's day, and one feature of it was that the childern
skated on the lighted pond and the adults watched out the picture
window while they drank egg-nog.  We haven't had that party in quite
a few years, but this is one of the first when the pond has no ice to
skate on.  I guess that's really due to global warming.
It's supposed to get quite cold in the next few days - maybe the cold
weather from the west is moving this way.
In a message dated 1/17/2013 8:00:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,