Re: funny gardening quote

That's no lie!  Never lived in a hotter place than Texas.

From: "Pamela J. Evans" <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: [CHAT] funny gardening quote
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:33:10 -0500

Since everyone seems busy or quiet tonight, I thought I would regale you
w/ a humorous quote from The Lone Star Gardener's Book of Lists.

Greg Grant - horticulturalist and lecturer, Stephen F. Austin Univ. in Nacodoches says

"When it comes to planting bulbs in Texas, we're closer to Hell than Holland."

LOL
Jesse should especially appreciate that since she refers to her three
year stint in Txas as "gardening in Hell". But it wasn't all bad, we'd
have never met if she hadn't had so much trouble!

Enjoy the giggle y'all!!

:-D

--
Pam Evans